Secondary school counselors can create and add colleges and universities to custom lists. Counselors are able to filter based on the lists and send visit invitations to an entire list, streamlining college fair management.
Creating a College List
1. From the Slate.org home page, click on the Colleges icon in the top navigation.
|Tips - If you hover over the Colleges icon, you can skip a step #2 and click on 'Manage College Lists'.|
2. On the next screen, click on the 'Manage Lists' button located in the top left of the table, next to the drop down that defaults to "All Colleges". This drop down is where your lists will be located and categorized by 'Shared' lists and 'Private' lists.
3. In the data table, click on "New List" found under the 'Name' column header.
Complete the form to create a list:
|Name||Create an intuitive name.
For example, "Ivy League Schools" or "Private Schools" or "Connecticut Schools" or "Feeder Schools". Choose something that will assist you in organizing your student list(s).
|Status||Choose 'Active' or 'Inactive'.
For example, at the end of each year, you may wish to inactivate lists of colleges.
|Share List||Choose to keep your list private or to share with other staff members at your organization who have access to Slate.org.|
|Default List||Choose to set this list as default. If you create multiple lists, the one that is set as the default will automatically display each time you click on the Colleges icon in the top navigation.|
|Order||Give your list an order. This order will be the order that displays in the drop down menu of all of your lists. Best practice is to order your lists in increments of 10 because as you continue to build lists, you may wish to insert a list into a particular order without having to re-order the pre-existing lists.|
5. Save the list.
On the list page, the configurations that were set will be displayed in a summary and now colleges can be added to the list one at a time.
1. Click on "Add Colleges" found under the 'Record' column header.
2. Search for colleges. The search is dynamic by name and state and will start to populate names based on each letter typed. For example, type "CT" and a list of schools located in the state of Connecticut, in addition to any school that has a "C" and a "T" in the title.
3. Click on each school that you wish to add to the list. Then click on the 'Add' button. This button will hae a number that indicates how many organizations have been chosen.
If a pop up box appears when you click on an organization that means the organization is not enrolled into Slate.org.
a. Complete the form to add the organization and invite them to Slate.org:
|First Name||Type the first name of the contact person at this organization.|
|Last Name||Type the last name of the contact person at this organization.|
|Email Address||Type the email address of the contact person at the organization.|
|Phone Number||Type the phone number of the contact person at the organization.|
b. Click the 'Invite' button. 4. A pop-up will ask "Are you sure you want to add these records to the list?". Click OK. The college(s) will be added to the list.
Once a college(s) has been added, you will be returned to the lists home page.
|Tips - College records can be removed from the list by checking off the box found to the left of the student name. If the box located next to "Record" is selected, it will select all of the students on the list.|
Click the Edit button in the upper right corner to edit the configurations of the list at any time.
Click on the "College Lists" breadcrumb trail in the upper left corner of the screen to return to the 'Manage College Lists' section. Here you will find all of the lists that have been created, including the information about:
- Count - The total number of colleges on the list.
- Shared - If the list was configured to be "Shared" or kept "Private".
- Status - A null value indicates that the list is 'Active'. Otherwise, 'Inactive' will populate if the list has been inactivated.
Viewing a College List
Located above the table is a drop-down menu that displays all of the lists created. You will notice that the list that was set as a default will automatically show. Choose what you would like to view:
- All Colleges
- My College Lists
- Shared College Lists
|Important - The importance of naming lists is apparent for this function so that staff members understand which lists will be available.|
The search option is located on this page as well and works just the same as it did on other screens within the Slate.org platform.
Click on the name of an organization on the list to view their Slate.org Application Data Sharing Settings.