Below are some frequently asked questions related to Slate.org. If you still have questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team at email@example.com.
I'm having trouble logging into Slate.org. Can I reset my password?
- Upon registering for a Slate.org account, you will receive an account creation email to the email address you used to sign up with the subject of "Slate.org Account Created." This email will include your PIN. Your username will be the email address you used to create your account. Reference this email for your initial login information.
- If you don't remember the password that you established, you can reset your own password using the "Forgot Your Password" link on the account login page.
- If you are still having trouble logging in with your new password, try clearing the cache of your browser to ensure that your old password is not automatically populating in the password field.
What do I do if the only active user for my organization left?
- As a best practice, we recommend that the first active user of an organization add additional users to their institution's account as well. However, we know that may not always be the case! Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name, organization email address, and a link to the online directory or landing page where your role, name, and email address can be confirmed. You may also attach a business card or a school profile that includes this information.
- Please provide the name of the user who has left your institution as well.
Who approves my account request?
|Technolutions||Active User At Your Institution|
|Technolutions is only involved with approving the first active user for your institution. These requests go through our approval process in which your role, email, and institution are confirmed.||If your organization has an active user in Slate.org, they are responsible for setting your account to active. Information can be found in our Profile and Users documentation as well as Slate.org TV.|
Why can't I see all of my students and their applications?
- Colleges and universities that use Slate have the option of sharing applicant data with high schools that use Slate.org. They decide which applicants to share, which data points and decisions to share, as well as which materials they would like to enable for upload. As a result, you may not see every student or their application information in Slate.org.
- The Colleges section of Slate.org will provide a list of undergraduate colleges and universities that use Slate. Click on the institution to see what they have configured for sharing.
Why do I see my students from last year who graduated?
- Colleges and universities that use Slate have the option of sharing applicant data with high schools that use Slate.org. If a college has configured their application sharing settings in Slate to still share past application rounds, applicants from that round will be shared in Slate.org. We recommend providing feedback to the college or university directly if your institution is not interested in seeing these past applicants.
A college says they do not have a material I uploaded. What do I do?
|Batch Materials||Individual Status Pages|
Allows you to upload and send a material, such as a transcript, to multiple colleges for a single student. Do note that the college must accept batch materials in order to receive the material via the batch material upload. If they do not, you may need to re-upload the material via the applicant's individual status page for that college.
Allows you to upload a material to each application individually via the college's material upload widget. Do note that each college chooses the materials they will allow for upload.
- After uploading the material, check to ensure that you see the name of the file and timestamp appear. This will show that the material was officially uploaded.
- Do note that the data sharing service runs every few hours. As a result, the materials are not received instantly.
- If the college still has questions regarding the receipt of the material you uploaded, they are welcome to submit a Slate service desk request.
Why can't I find a specific college or university in the Colleges section?
- The Colleges section will only show a list of colleges and universities that use Slate for their undergraduate admissions processes.
Can my students use Slate.org?
- Counselors can view student applicant checklists, track decisions, and submit documents on behalf of students; however, students cannot create Slate.org accounts or log in at this time.
How do I update my school profile information?
- Your institution name and CEEB code is populated by a list provided by the College Board. Should your CEEB change, you're welcome to contact us at email@example.com to update your organization record in our Slate.org database. Do note that this would not update your CEEB in other organization lists, such as the one provided by the College Board.
- Other institution profile information can be changed by going to the Profile section of Slate.org.